Texas Hill Country Visitors Guide
- Enjoy a round of golf at:
- The Blue
Lake Golf Course is a 9 hole course at 2,336 yards with a par of 32. The
golf course is open to the public. It is on the south side of Lake LBJ and has views
of the lake. Located off Hwy 71 at 214 West Bluebonnet Road in Blue Lake which is
now part of Horseshoe Bay.
Call 830-598-5524 for more information.
- The Escondido Golf Courseis an 18 hole course at 7,168 yards with a par of 71. It is a private golf course on the south side of Lake LBJ in Horseshoe Bay. Call 877-598-6311 for more information.
- Horseshoe Bay Resort has 3 Robert Trent Jones, Sr. designed golf courses (Slickrock, Applerock and Ram Rock), which are private for resort members and their guests, and to guests of the Horseshoe Bay Resort Marriott only. To make reservations at the Marriott, click here
- The Legends Golf Course is an 18 hole course at 7,260 yards with a par of 72. The course is open to the general public. The course is located off of Hwy 2342 on the southeast side of Lake LBJ. Call 325-388-8888 for more information.
Playing golf at the local golf courses.
Watching the fireworks on the July 4th in Kingsland.
Looking for some adventures in the Rocksprings - Leakey - Junction Area?
Going to Arts & Craft shows and sales in Kingsland and Marble Falls
Hill Country Science Mill - Johnson
The Hill Country Science Mill is a family destination offering a fun, interactive learning environment for all ages. Through cutting-edge technology-based exhibits, games, and programs, the Science Mill expands students' understanding and appreciation of science in their everyday lives.
- Dining at famous restaurants in the area like:
- Big John's Barbeque and Steak House.
- The Bluebonnet Cafe
- Coopers Old Time Barbeque
- Russo's Texitally Cafe
Shopping for gifts, souvenirs, clothing, antiques and jewelry in the local towns.
Take a boat tour up the Colorado River from Lake Buchanan on the Vanishing Texas River Cruise.
Visit the Falls on the Colorado Museum at 905 Third Street in Marble Falls. Call 830-798-2157.
Have a picnic at Lakeside Park or Johnson Park in Marble Falls, the Hamilton Creek Park in Burnet, the Llano River Park in Llano, or The Slab in Kingsland. Click Here
Visit the Helotes MarketPlace the first Saturday of every month.
Visit Inks Lake State Park
Climbing Enchanted Rock 22 miles south of Llano on Ranch Road 965. Call 325-247-3903.
Visit the Hornsby Bend Bird Observatory in Austin - open to visitors 7 days a week from dawn to dark. Free monthly birding fieldtrips take place on the third Saturday of each month.
Tour the Inks Dam National Fish Hatchery 12 miles west of Burnet. Call 512-793-2474.
Taking scenic drives through the hills and around the 4 lakes in the area.
Wading in the Llano River, sunbathing and playing in the sand at The Slab in Kingsland .
The Texas State Historical Association
=A must-see tourist attraction
Our viewers are looking for vacation
rentals on Hill-Country.net. If you have a vacation rental, we can bring you renters.
For information on this Website
Copyright © Highland Lakes Web Pages, LLC